Monday, August 29, 2005

Black Thumb

I don't think I'm ever going to have a garden at my house. I have no luck with plants whatsoever. Currently in my cube I have one of those large leafy green plants that thrive on artificial light and little to no attention. Ostensibly I should be able to water it once a week and just let it thrive. Yeah, not so much. The damn thing loses leaves every day. Invariably, I come in in the morning and have to pull off two or three yellow leaves. On the other hand, it definitely hasn't stopped growing. Over the course of a week, I can watch the development of a tiny bud into a full- grown, brand-new leaf at the end of one of the plant's many vines. I don't get it. I think I'll just maintain a garden like my mother's - more cute garden gnomes and other such knick-knacks than flowers. I'm fine with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home