Tuesday, August 30, 2005

File this under: Awkward

So a couple of minutes ago, I had to take a quick jaunt to the lav. As I approach the door, a woman I work with (let's call her Jill) is walking in right ahead of me. Now this was a problem for two reasons:

1. I hate walking into the bathroom at the same time as someone else because that means I can put a face with the gross noises I'm inevitably going to hear especially if it's only the two of us. Furthermore, I get a shy bladder (or other things) when I know the other person knows its me in the stall - I've even left the bathroom without even going at all. It's especially bad if I know the person personally. But as long as I don't see the other person, I really couldn't care less.

2. I hate talking in the bathroom. But seeing as I work rather closely with Jill she starts talking to me about a project we're working on and asking whether things were going ok. I answered quickly in the affirmative and then headed into my personal potty space.

Now it could have ended there, but then this is where it got really awkward. Jill continues talking about the project! WHILE SHE'S PEEING!!! IN THE STALL RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!! Auuuggghh! It was horrible! I honestly could not have been more uncomfortable. I don't think I even responded to her when she asked me a question, I think just sort of said an unintelligible "huh" and left it at that. Then I waited a little while longer than necessary just so she would leave the bathroom before I left my stall.

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this was weird and distressing.

3 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger EEWill said...

Eh, doesn't bother me if we're close friends...however, if it was a just a co-worker, I'd feel a little weird.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Oh I wouldn't have the problem if it was any of my close friends. Hell I'll pee right in front of you while holding a conversation - but because it was someone I work with, I was completely weirded out.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Occidentally said...

I agree. The stalls should be a no-talking zone. I also can't stand people using a cel phone while also... ahem... noisily using the stall

 

Post a Comment

<< Home