Wednesday, January 03, 2007

the first post of 2007 - ok so the first post in almost a year, but bah

I ganked this from my friend Diana and I thought it would be a good way to start out the year. Enjoy!!

1.What did you do in 2006 that you've never done before?
ummm... got married :)

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Ehh.. I think I resolved to lose weight for the wedding ... that didn't happen. Kev and I are going to try and get in shape this year, but I refuse to call it a "resolution" as I feel that only will set us up for disappointment if we fail.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Absolutely! My sister had my beautiful niece, Olivia; my good friend Michelle had her gorgeous baby, Maggie; another friend Sam had her daughter, Angelina ... there were babies galore!

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, thank goodness.

5. What countries did you visit?
Stayed in the good old USA last year - but want to get out again this year!!

6. What would you like to have in 2007 that you lacked in 2006?
A greater sense of stability in my life and a job that I love!

7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
October 21st. If you don't know why, we're not friends.

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year?
Ok, I know there's an annoying theme developing, but I pulled off planning much of our wedding myself and I'm damn proud of it!

9. What was your biggest failure?
I don't think I "failed" at anything.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Not really. I was too busy to get sick!

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My wedding ring :)

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My whole family was so supportive and wonderful all year.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
ehh ... everyone's, at times, I'm sure. It happens and you move on. No big deal.

14. Where did most of your money go?
The house and the wedding.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Ok, aside from the obvious, I got really, really, really excited about the birth of my new niece.

16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
"Fly Me to the Moon" - Frank Sinatra

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier, definitely

ii. thinner or fatter? ehh... about the same

iii. richer or poorer? probably a little poorer... damn credit cards

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Saving money, seeing friends, traveling

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Spending money, watching tv, (Kevin would probably add 'nagging' hah)

20. How have you spent Christmas?
Split between the two sides of the family - it was glorious

22. Did you fall in love in 2006?
Over and over again (I know, I know *barf* hehe)

23. How many one-night stands?
n/a

24. What was your favorite TV program?
HEROES!!! If you don't watch it, START!! Returns January 22nd on NBC!

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
"Hate" is such a strong word ... how about "detest with a seething passion"?

26. What was the best book you read?
Hmmm ... oh there were so many ... "Stiff" by Mary Roach stands out

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Probably the Killers

28. What did you want and get?
MARRIED! :)

29. What did you want and not get?
ummm ... a new kitten? I dunno.

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmmm ... Brokeback Mountain - was that 2006?

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I turned 25. Didn't do much, really. It was an anti-climatic birthday.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
I really can't say. I'm pretty satisfied overall with the year as it was.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
No different than it has been for the past five years at least. Comfort before anything.

34. What kept you sane?
My husband, my parents, my sisters, my friends, ice cream, and red wine

35. What drove you crazy?
My husband :)

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
uggghhh ... politics ... probably the whole gay marriage issue

37. Who did you miss?
All my college girls - you're so far away!! I love you!!

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmmm... didn't meet too many new people this year.

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006.
Nagging DOES NOT work!! (Actually, I'm still learning that)

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up this past year:
I tried .... but I can't think of anything!! Boo. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home