Friday, January 26, 2007

Pet Peeves

Here are two of my biggest pet peeves:

1. I HATE it when a reliable news organization makes an incorrect reference to the Immaculate Conception. For those of you non-Catholics out there, the Immaculate Conception is the celebration of the miracle of Mary, the mother of Jesus, being born without original sin - NOT the celebration of Jesus being born to a virgin, as many people erroneously believe. I was listening to NPR the other day and they did a story about an old female at a chimp sanctuary called Chimp Haven who mysteriously showed up pregnant despite the fact that all the males in the sanctuary had been given vasectomies. To my dismay, when introducing the story they called it a "story of Immaculate Conchimption." I groaned out loud. How could NPR make such a mistake?! Boo.

2. I HATE that in credit card commercials the person using the card always swipes the card upside down. Have you ever noticed that? The strip is on the top backside of the card, yes? Have you ever noticed that when the person uses the card, you can see the logo? Therefore, the person is swiping the card upside down. Again ... BOO.

2 Comments:

At 11:34 PM, Blogger Cathy said...

I am TOTALLY with you on #2. I've always noticed that they opt for showing you the most favorable view of the card, rather than the reality of where the stripe is on the back. Bravo. I thought I was the only freak who noticed that.

 
At 7:31 AM, Blogger thirdplanetwatcher said...

But the Immaculate ConCHIMPtion...THATS GENIUS!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home