Monday, January 05, 2009

2008 recap

1.What did you do in 2008 that you've never done before? had a baby

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? once again, didn't have any to break ... but want to try and get a handle on finances this year

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I did!! :) So did my best friend, Elisabeth, and my friend, Michelle

4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully.

5. What countries did you visit? None.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? less debt!

7. What date from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? August 9th, the birth of my beautiful son, Lucas

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? Giving birth to my son without any drugs or intervention. I was incredibly proud of myself.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not starting grad school - having a baby sort of put the kabosh on that for now

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Yep, emergency appen..omy in November.

11. What was the best thing you bought? New windows for the townhouse

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My husband's. He's such a fantastic father.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? ugh, anyone in celeb-reality ... booooo

14. Where did most of your money go? The house, the cars, medical bills

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The birth of my son :)

16. What song will always remind you of 2008? Probably "The Alphabet Song" by John Lithgow ... it calms down Lucas better than anything else!

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? WAY happier

ii. thinner or fatter? oh fatter, but there was good reason for it this year :)

iii. richer or poorer? poorer *sigh*

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? paying down debt - it's so hard!

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? can't really think of anything

20. How have you spent Christmas? It was Lucas's first :) Once again, we split it between the families ... next year we'll start our own tradition!

22. Did you fall in love in 2008? Yes, with my baby boy!

23. How many one-night stands? zero

24. What was your favorite TV program? Heroes, Project Runway, Top Chef

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No, but I REALLY dislike someone I work with right now.

26. What was the best book you read? Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? Didn't really discover anyone new...

28. What did you want and get? Wanted a healthy baby and I got one :)

29. What did you want and not get? Winning the lottery

30. What was your favorite film of this year? The Dark Knight kicked ass

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? Well, I had just had Lucas the week before so we spent it at home. I turned 27.

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Umm ... the ridiculous MOUND of medical bills would have eased the stress a bit.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? Maternity for the first half, then back to my same old, same old after that.

34. What kept you sane? My husband, my son, my sisters, my parents, my friends ... basically all the wonderful people who surround and support me every day

35. What drove you crazy? finances, ugh

36. What political issue stirred you the most? I thought the presidential election was very interesting.

37. Who did you miss? My sister and my friends.

38. Who was the best new person you met? I have a couple! Nicole, my new photographer friend, and Laurel, my new great mommy friend :)

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008? there really is nothing more wonderful than having a supportive family

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up this past year: "U made my life complete"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home