Wednesday, January 13, 2010

2009 recap

Apparently, I blog once a year LOL

1.What did you do in 2009 that you've never done before? made and decorated a birthday cake

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did make strides toward getting our finances under control... will continue to do so this year

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? My sister, Heather; my friend, Cathy; my friend, Sam

4. Did anyone close to you die? My grandmother

5. What countries did you visit? None.

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Hmm... maybe prospects on a house?

7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Probably my son's first birthday... not only was it amazing to think that he was already a year old, but it was also when I found out I was pregnant with our second!!

8. What was your biggest achievement(s) of the year? I consider being a good mom to my son a great achievement.

9. What was your biggest failure? Can't say that I failed at anything important

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I severely sprained my ankle over Memorial Day weekend when I got knocked down by a happy dog.

11. What was the best thing you bought? New living room furniture and a new bed

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? My son's. He's turning into SUCH a great kid already :)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Once again, anyone in reality television. Especially Jersey Shore. Dear god those people are ridiculous.

14. Where did most of your money go? Bills, bills, bills

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? I was thrilled about Christmas this year. My nieces and Lucas are all getting to an age where the magic has really been restored to the holiday.

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? probably anything by Lady Gaga

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier

ii. thinner or fatter? fatter ... but it's baby weight again, so that's ok :)

iii. richer or poorer? about the same... but making our way toward richer after having paid down a ton of credit card debt! woot!

18. What do you wish you'd done more of? Not sure... my house could certainly use some more organizing. That's a never-ending project.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of? I could probably lay off the facebook LOL

20. How have you spent Christmas? Same as always. Thought we were going to incorporate our own tradition this year, but Lucas was still too young to really care. So I think this Christmas is going to be the first.

22. Did you fall in love in 2009? Over and over again with my son and husband :)

23. How many one-night stands? zero

24. What was your favorite TV program? Project Runway, The Closer

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? nah

26. What was the best book you read? The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon!

27. What was your greatest musical discovery? I really like Lady Gaga... she's interesting

28. What did you want and get? Rid of credit card debt

29. What did you want and not get? A dog... well sort of... we had Daisy for a little while, but gave her away

30. What was your favorite film of this year? District 9

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 28. Kev gave me tickets to see Wicked on Broadway, so we went on our anniversary! It was amazing!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Can't think of anything

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? This never really changes LOL

34. What kept you sane? My family and close friends. I always know I have someone I can call in order to vent.

35. What drove you crazy? Work-related insanity

36. What political issue stirred you the most? healthcare... gay marriage rights

37. Who did you miss? My best friend and my sister

38. Who was the best new person you met? I don't think I met anyone new

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009? It really is true that it usually all works out in the end.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up this past year: I don't know! Give me some ideas :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home